The ISSN International Centre and its Governing Board value the Keepers Registry as part of the global identification infrastructure for serials and wish to continue to make its functionality and content available for the UK and international communities of libraries, publishers and scholars.
To maintain this valuable service ISSN International Centre aims to provide a new service from December 2019. To facilitate this development, funding for EDINA to run the current service until the end of November 2019 is to be provided by the ISSN International Centre and the Keepers Agencies.
The Keepers Registry Privacy Statement
- About this notice
- About you
- What information may we collect about you?
- How is your personal data collected?
- How will we use the information about you?
This privacy notice provides information about how EDINA and the University of Edinburgh collects and uses your personal information in relation to The Keepers Registry.Back to top
This privacy notice uses "you" to mean any individual about whom we collect and hold personal data.Back to top
We collect, store and use the following categories of personal data:
- we collect your contact details such as name, title, personal or work e-mail address when you sign up to become a member
- other relevant personal information. For example, if you are booking a place at a conference or event, the conference organisers may ask you to provide other relevant information e.g. details of any dietary requirements or allergies
- customer feedback. We may carry out customer research by providing customers with access to feedback questionnaires. Although this feedback is anonymous, the questionnaires provide the opportunity for free text comments, in which a customer may supply personally identifiable information about themselves, other customers or members of staff
- your IP address
You give us your personal data through the information collected about you in order to become a member of The Keepers Registry and respond to an email relating to an enquiry etc. We capture this information as it is necessary to fulfil the membership contract.
As a visitor to www.thekeepers.org we collect, store and use your IP address. We capture the IP address of every visitor to www.thekeepers.org. We do this so that we can monitor service user engagement.Back to top
The information you provide to The Keepers Registry will be used by EDINA and the University of Edinburgh to:
- manage your membership
- maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- event administration
- process any complaint you submit
- maintain or develop systems and processes
- meet legislative, statutory, contractual and audit requirements
- improve service levels
- update you on service changes, improvements and downtimes
- notify you of webinars, training events and conferences
The Keepers Registry is provided in association with ISSN-IC, Jisc and The Keepers Registry Depositors. We may share your information with them where the information is required to run the service.
We will hold the personal data you provided us for two years after the end of your membership. We hold IP address information for two years from the date of visit.
If you have any questions, please contact the EDINA helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 650 3302.Back to top